Volunteer with BHS
The Bayside Housing & services (BHS) volunteer program is in place to promote civic and community participation within the programs that BHS offers. BHS encourages clients, family members, students, and the community to have an active role in helping individuals and families attain and maintain permanent housing through volunteering.
WHO CAN VOLUNTEER?
• Anyone over the age of 16. If under 18, a valid work permit is required.
• Anyone with current/past experience with issues of homelessness, crisis or trauma (your own or that of a family member or friend) and the desire to help others.
• Anyone that wants to have or explore career options in behavioral health.
• Anyone that has a Positive attitude and wants to be an agent for positive change
High school, vocational, and college students have the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and experience by volunteering with BHS. Students can volunteer anytime, including during the summer as a part of their school programs (e.g. Health Academies) and/or as recommended by their teacher. Students may be placed in administrative offices and/or programs and will learn a variety of front and back-office tasks.
HOW LONG CAN YOU VOLUNTEER?
There is no set length of time to volunteer but we ask for a commitment of a minimum of 120 hours. We will work around your schedule.
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
To become a volunteer, you will need to complete a:
• Volunteer application (posted to baysidehousing.org/volunteers)
• Background check
• TB test
• Volunteer orientation along with orientation forms
• Confidentiality & Trauma informed training
• Volunteer Tracking System overview training
• Picture for a volunteer badge
WHY YOU SHOULD VOLUNTEER
When you volunteer, you have an opportunity to:
• Obtain hands on training
• Gain valuable work experience and knowledge
• Make a difference in someone’s life
• Make new friends Volunteer services is funded by community donations.
BHS complies with applicable federal, civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, or LEP For more information, please visit www.baysidehousing.org/volunteers or call (360) 385-4637